Making Zoella's Marshmallow Rice Krispies Squares!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Hello! So recently it was Easter and I actually didn't do anything special except watching youtubers doing amazing stuff on Easter...
But I did do one tiny thing on Easter except Easter breakfast and A little Egg hunt, because I was forced by my little brother, and that is making some Marshmallow Rice Krispies Squares! I don't know why, I was probably just in the mood to make something. 



My Rice Krispies squares are based on the video and blogpost from Zoella. Who else just love her video's and posts? :)

http://www.zoella.co.uk/2016/03/6-quick-easy-easter-treats.html 

All the rights goes to her of course. I own nothing of the recipe.

Let's get started!

~~~~~~~~~~

Ingredients:

90 gram Butter
○ 260 gram Marshmallows
1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
○ 1 tablespoon Milk
○ 170 gram Rice Krispies
○ Some decorations ( I used M&M's and sprinkles )

  


The Making:

Step 1: Melt the butter in a saucepan on a medium heat




Step 2: Add one tablespoon of vanilla extract




Step 3: Add three quarters of your marshmallows

ps I used big ones because I can't find any small marshmallows but I guess that isn't a big problem. 
pps I didn't weight exactly three quarters, I just picked a handful of marshmallows and drop it in the pan for several times 



Step 4: After you added your 3/4 marshmallows, add one tablespoon of milk



I do have to admit that this looks disgusting but I guarantee it will turn out delicious.

After the marshmallows are almost fully melted you can go to step 5.



Step 5: Add the rest of the marshmallow that are left over




Step 6: Turn off the heat and add the Rice Krispies and combine them together.






So as you see, the only rice krispies I found was with chocolate flavour so I use that. Typical the Netherlands, never has the products that I want to use... -.- 

Step 7: (Skip this one if you want the classic bites) Add your decorations to make it look more colourful. I used lots of sprinkles and M&M's.







Step 8: Spread this out on a baking paper in a tin 





Don't do it too much, otherwise your bites will turn as hard as bricks and I presume you don't want your teeth to break haha.

Step 9: Place it in the fridge for minimum 30 minutes and cut it in squares to serve.

F I N A L    R E S U L T S







They taste incredible, they are super easy to make and they look nice when you serve it. And it looks like you really tried to make something but it is actually just melting marshmallows and combine it with rice krispies. But it actually was fun to try it out. 

So this was my little experience and results, hope you liked it. If not, I'm sorry I just wasted your time...

Never mind, see you soon.

^_^

S T A L K   M E:
https://www.instagram.com/gwendolynecheung/

http://gwendolynecheung.tumblr.com/

https://twitter.com/GwennCheung


X Gwendolyne

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Contact Form