Mother's Day Gifting Guide and Inspiration 2016

Friday, May 06, 2016

Hello Everybody! 
I know for a fact that Mothersday is already over in the UK but here, in the Netherlands it is on the eight of May! And I hope I'm not the only one, but thinking about what to give the person you want to give something is like, a question that can be in an exam. So I brainstormed, wrote everything down, took pictures and combine them together and made this little inspiration guide. Hope I will help a little :)



I. Gift Wrapping Ideas

What I like to use to wrap presents is transparent wrapping paper and then just finished it with ribbons and a good old Big Bow. But recently I also discovered that using brown wrapping paper gives you a lot of freedom to style it yourself. You can get creative as hell and that is what I like sometimes. :)  



If you don't have time and you need to wrap it as fast as you could, you can of course just buy regular wrapping paper but what I like to do is buy really cute gifting bags and put everything in there. It is a little bit more expensive than buying a whole role of gifting paper that you can use multiple times but I think that if the outside already looks nice, the things you bought for the person are a little bit less important so it's totally worth it. 


Then what I also like to use is gift labels. A little message for the special person you are giving the present to. And of course you can just add a lot of accessories that are invented so our gifts will look awesome as hell haha.



II. What to give?

When we are thinking about things to give our mothers, the usual answer is beauty, skincare or shower/bath routine products. Thea or food is also something a lot of people gift. I think you need to choose something that your mother regularly use and products that you know your mother will like. It can be expensive or really cheap, I think it really depends on how your mother is. Like, my mother thinks the message is more important than the price. If I let her decide, she doesn't want a present at all but I like to pamper her so yeah haha. 

Some like to give one big present that is really expensive, others like to buy a lot of things and wrap it together and give that which a lot of time is less expensive. I like to the second thing because a lot of times I'm broke because my dad birthday is also in May so I need to buy a lot of presents which make me broke at the end of May so maybe it's a little bit less expensive but I like it more when it looks like I have bought a lot more than just one expensive product.




III. Food Tips

My two go-to-food that I give as present: Chocolate or Cookies. And when I decide to do the cookies, I mostly will buy an instant cookies mix where you only need to add water and bake it and then just wrap it nice and you are ready.  





IV. Wrapped Gifts

When Holidays are coming, the shops never fail in making beautiful gift boxes. Easy for the persons who have no clear what to give. So if you truly have no idea what to get as present just buy one of these wrapped gifts in the store. There are expensive one or slightly cheaper one, depends on in which shop you buy it. 






V. DIY Gifts

Then now the last tip: Making the presents by yourself aka DIY. I made up 4 ideas that I will now explain.



1) Box Of Joyfulness

Little box where she can put things in and when she open it, there is a little surprise inside. Just tiny nice products that fit in the box. You can use everything. I used for example:

- A few teabags
- A few masks
- Shower products
- Beauty stuff





2) Chocolate Surprise

When you're handing her the chocolate box and then you have two options: 1. To tell her immediately there is also something in the box. Or... 2. Don't tell her and wait until she eat all the chocolate and then discovered there is another surprise in it.







I took a step further and also wrapped the chocolate. Of course it's your choice to do it. Only the chocolate also looks very nice.


3) Mason Jar Gift



This one is really easy. All you need is a jar, a bottle or a mug, depends on the one your mother likes. Then add some products that fit in and wrap it all up. 

4) Basket of Happiness

This one is really simple. Just buy a basket, put all the products you want to give in it and wrap it up, tadaa. 


These were all the tips and things I made up. Hope I helped a little bit and you liked to read it. Need to say that I wanted to post this a little bit earlier but I didn't have the time. Anyways, hope you have a nice day. 

X Gwendolyne













You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Contact Form