What Parents Actually Mean And Situations With Them

Friday, May 20, 2016

We all love our parents, at least I hope so. But we do have to admit that our parents are not always quite honest to us, when they want to get their way...


Italic = Me
Bold = Parents in real life
Normal = What parents actually mean

 W H A T   P A R E N T S    R E A L L Y    M E A N

1) In the supermarket
 'Ooh yeah, choose anything you want.'
*Comes with 5 chocolate bars.*
'That is bad for you, put it back.'
Is she kidding me, 5 chocolate bars are way too much and also not worth the money.

2) Milk in the fridge
'Gwen, drink the milk, it's good for your bones.'
Actually, the milk is about to expire and I don't want the money to be wasted so you better drink it right now.

3)
'you so bloody lazy, never helping with the household.'
Does she think this is a hotel?

4) 
'This is my house, you listen to me.'
I just want you to listen so I will threat you by saying that you can sleep on the street in less than one minute if you don't listen to what I'm saying right now. 

5) 
'Where are you going?'
Since when I've given you permission to leave the house?

6) 
'Who will be there?'
If there are boys, don't you think about it to leave this house one footstep. Because boys are bad for you, real bad. 

7) 
'What are you doing?'
just stop everything you are doing right now, because I need your help.

8)
'Yes, this is a nice garment.'
I'm so happy that I can't see any type of shape in it and it's almost covering your whole body and most importantly, you won't get a cold in this.

9)
'Do you have enough money Gwen?'
I don't have cash and you are the one in house with the most so you better have, so I can lend it from you.

10) 
'I don't think you are right.'
Is she thinking that she know it better than me?! Hold on, I have way more experiences than you so just stop this argument with me.

11)
'Excuse me?!'
Ooh, I know what you said but let's see if you have the bravery to say it again.

And then we have the typical situations/conversations we all have with our lovely parents. :)
Let's just say they are all relatable...

Italic = My thoughts
1) 
*Listening to music or watching a youtube video.*
Mum: 'Gwen!!'
Me: 'Yes?'
Mum: ....
Me: 'Mum? Hello?'
Mum: .....
Me: thinking: whatever, continue watching my video or continue playing music
*Mum comes upstairs to my room*
Mum: 'Why are you ignoring me? You didn't hear me heh. Always listening to bloody music. Put your headphones off!'
Me: 'I replied! You just haven't said anything!'
Mum: 'Ooh. - Ask the thing that she wanted to ask -  Well. Anyway, stop listening to music.'
*Walks back downstairs*

Like whutt?!

2)
*The You-are-living-in-a-hotel comment*
Parent: 'Why you never help with the household?' You are so bloody lazy. You think this is a hotel and I'm your slave. I just do everything and you three just live here like in a hotel.'
Me: *sigh* 'What do I have to do?'
Parent: 'No, don't pretend you want to help. I always need to get angry before you do something!'
Me: ....
Parent: 'Why are you still sitting there?! Come help me with the laundry. You are so lazy!'

Am I crazy or did she just say I don't have to do anything at all and know I'm lazy sitting in the chair?

3)
*The I-am-so-dumb comment
Mum: 'How do I remove my birth from Facebook?'
Me: 'Does it really care?'
Mum: 'Of course, I don't want them know how old I am!'
Me: 'Just go to your setting.'
Mum: 'Where? I can't find it. Just do it for me.'
Me: 'No mum, you need to try it by yourself. Otherwise you are going to ask me again.'
Mum: 'Come on, do it!'
Me: 'No! I have done it multiple times! Now it's your turn.'
Mum: 'Urg, just do it one more time. You know I'm dumb and getting older. I forget everything!'

Yeah right, why didn't you forget the time I had a insufficient grade?!

4)
*The for-every-reason-I-will-take-away-your-phone situation
Mum: 'What are you doing?' 
Me: *Want to make a joke* *Yells* WHUTT?!
Mum: 'Why are you behaving badly. Give here your phone!'

WHATTT?

Mum: 'I said that you need to brush your teeth!'
Me: 'You were in the bathroom. How am I supposed to brush?'
Mum: 'Give me your phone!'

Or when you mum or dad never walks in your room and then just when you take a look on your phone, yeah then they get in of course... -.-

5)
*The You Never Help With The Household Comment*
Mum: 'Don't you have anything to do?'
Me: 'I have just done my homework. I'm just relaxing now.'
Mum: 'Ooh nice, come help me with the laundry.'
Me:'I said I was relaxing mum.' 
Mum: 'Do you see me relax? I'm always the one who is doing everything in the house. You all are so lazy!'
Me: 'i'm going to help you later mum!'
Mum: 'No, you don't have to help me anymore. You never do anything!'
Me: 'O my god. Alright, I'm will come right now.'
Mum: 'No, don't come! Go relax you lazy.'

Or when you don't help with the dishes or don't clean the table or don't vacuum the house...

And then parents always  do some particular stereotypical things that I'm so sick of!

- The Look
Whenever they are angry, disappointed, sad, thinking that I'm crazy, they always give you the look. The pokerface. If you get the look, you better shut up immediately and run as fast as you can. Otherwise you are going to have a lot of problems.

- Comparisons with siblings
This is only for the people with siblings of course but we, as children, always hear our parent compare us to other humans. I have a little brother that is less lazy than me, more neatly than I am, likes to help with the household and so many more things that I don't do which make me look lazy!
Like come one, I also have advantages!

- The always exaggerated comment 
This one is especially my dad.
Dad: 'We are going to be late, it's already three o'clock.'
Me: 'Dad it's literally five past two and we need to be there at four o'clock and the journey is like only thirty minutes.'

He is always exaggerating like just be honest dad omg. I'm not going to hurry if you lie to me.

- Limits of Jokes
When you are joking around with your parents you need to be really careful with your words. Because if your jokes are a little bit too hard, it can lead to a argument and trust me it has happen so many times. Most of the times it is y brother and dad who will get in a fight though. 


And that's it! Hope you enjoyed reading it and you have relate to everything because be honest, our parents all are the same. BTW Just want to clarified that this is a joke and I'm just talking about the stereotipical parents. Okay, sometimes my parents do do the things that I just summarized above but most of the times they are amazing. Lots of Love! Don't punish me haha...

Well okay, see you guys later

X Gwendolyne


You Might Also Like

1 reacties

Contact Form