A Day In My Life - Christmas Market In Valkenburg! 18-12-2016

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Hello Everybody!
I'm a bit late but I wanted to wish a you all a happy new year and hope you had a wonderful time celebrating the holidays. But this article is of course related to the holidays. I'm going to show you how my day was on the 18th of december in 2016. Because I went to a christmas market with my family but the christmas market was quite special. The reason why it's so famous is that the christmas market was in a cave! A cave?! Yes, a cave!


So on the 18th of december we drove to Valkenburg in Limburg, to visit the well-known Christmas market in a cave, named Gemeentegrot.

I don't know if it's the biggest one of one of the biggest christmas markets but it was huge.












Btw, there isn't only this christmas market cave. First of all, there were two christmas markets in caves and second it was a like kind of christmas town. There was so much christmas themed things to see. 

That's why it was such a pity that we haven't had enough time to explore and see all these things. So I'll definitely recommend to stay in a hotel there for one night so you can visit the town for two whole days. It will be worth it.





Some street view, it was so cozy and beautiful.

Okay, I'm now going to tell you what I did in a chronological order.
First of all, my family and I went in the Gemeentegrot, translated it will be Government cave, to view the christmas market inside.

Basically, what a christmas market means that it's a market that sells christmas themed products and the whole place is decorated with christmas decorations.











Look how cute these decorations are but they are very expensive tho. Otherwise I would really get one.






Some magnets to bring home as souvenir.











Doesn't she look like Tinkerbell? 




Little scent chips. My little brother and I has something with it, I don't even know what.


This is how the cave actually looks like, without all the decorations.


This little boy could move if you clicked on the button. :D




MORE Souvenirs... ;)



Silly dad haha.





CANDY!







 This was like one of my favourites like road in this whole market.





And then we of course got some food.



Look, how pretty






There was a like bar thing in the cave.. 




I think we got some traffic..




This is a shallow pit and basically you know that a ceiling of a cave lot of times is not smooth, it has a lot of ribble and most of the times it will be shaped weird. So there was one that started from the ceiling that ends up like two metres under the ceiling and it looked like a icicle but then made of stone. And sometimes this look-a-like icicle will drop water into the pit and that's why it was pretty funny to feel the water dropping on to your hand if you place your hand under it.


This was quite funny because the owner of this shop, a man and a woman, were so different from each other. So we were walking into a queue because there were too many people and we passed this shop and I wanted to take a picture because I think this looks amazing and special. So this woman comes up to me and says: 'Ja en nu bewegen, veels te veel mensen.' Basically she says that I needed to move because I was walking very slow, trying to take a picture and she couldn't stand this and told me to MOVE, because there were so MANY people. EXCUSE ME?! I'm taking pictures of your shop because it was special. Maybe I was willing to buy something and you just told me to go away. 
Sadly for you, I still managed to take a picture. HAH













So we went back, as in turned back around because there was only one passage, the entrance and exit.




We took some pictures in front of the christmas trees because we just couldn't resist the beauty of the christmas trees.



So we got out, and as stupid as we are, we didn't check before we came here if there were also other places we could go beside the cave. So we didn't know that it was basically a whole christmas village/town. But due to we took too much time being in the cave, we didn't had any time left to go to other places.

But we did manage to go to Winterwonder land and we took some pictures before a damaged castle. But the only thing we did was taking a ride on a funicular. And it was a little bit dark. That is why I was advising you before to stay a night in a hotel in Valkenburg because there are so many things to see.




LOOK AT THE VIEWW







WINTER WONDER LAND
















And in the end, we got some food to eat because it was dinner time.





And then the day ended by us going back to home.
I had a lot of fun and actually bought some cool stuff to bring to home. Let me show you.






Aren't they cute?!

So this was the A A Day In My Life - Christmas Market In Valkenburg! 18-12-2016, hope you liked it and enjoyed reading it.

Hope you are having a nice day!
I'm going to sleep because I'm a little bit sick so I need to rest.

BYE

X Gwendolyne

You Might Also Like

0 reacties

Contact Form